Research in multidimensional complex analysis at Siberian Federal University is about several topics. The overarching theme is the interaction between complex analysis and other areas of mathematics and physics. For example, methods and techniques of functional analysis are applied to the study of PDEs in domains of complex space. Algebraic geometry plays an important role in the study of distribution of complex algebraic and analytic sets and its applications in physics. Alternatively, analytic methods are used in the theory of algebraic and hypergeometric functions, in the description of the structure of discriminantal sets. Other examples include the study of multidimensional difference equations, analytic continuation of functions and sets.
Download the booklet (.pdf)
Professor August TSIKH
Professor Tsikh worked at the universities of Stockholm, Bordeaux, Berlin, Calabria (Italy), Armidel (Australia), Max Planck Institute in Bonn, Institut Mittag-Leffler in Stockholm.
Research interests: complex analysis, algebraic geometry, tropical geometry, signal processing, mathematical physics (superstring theory, thermodynamics).
- Sadykov, T., Tsikh, A. Hypergeometric and Algebraic Functions in Several Variables (in Russian). Nauka. 2014.
- Tsikh, A. Multidimensional Residues and Their Applications. AMS. 1992.
- Forsberg, M., Passare, M., Tsikh, A. Laurent Determinants and Arrangements of Hyperplane Amoebas, Advances in Mathematics, 2000, Vol. 151, Iss. 1, 45-70.
- Passare, M., Tsikh, A., Yger, A. Residue currents of the Bochner-Martinelli type, Publicacions Matematiques , 2000, Vol. 44, Num. 1 , 85-117.
- Passare, M., Tsikh, A. Amoebas: their spines and their contours, Contemporary Mathematics 377, 2005, 275-288.
- Passare, M., Sadykov, T., Tsikh, A. Singularities of hypergeometric functions in several variables, Compositio Mathematica, 2005, 141, 787-810.
- Tsikh, A., Yger, A. Residue Currents, J. of Math. Sci., Vol. 120, 2004, Iss. 6, 1916-1971.
- Passare, M., Tsikh, A. Algebraic equations and hypergeometric series. In ‘The Legacy of Niels Henrik Abel’, Springer, 2004, 653 - 672.
- Mikhalkin, E., Tsikh, A. Singular starta of cuspidal type for classical discriminants, Math. Sb., 2015.
- Passare, M., Pochekutov, D., Tsikh, A. Amoebas of complex hypersurfaces in statistical thermodynamics, Math. Phys., Analysis and Geometry 16 (1), 2013, 89 - 108.
(this period can be shorter depending on the availability of a PhD thesis)
|Entry requirements:||Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science; desired qualifications: good knowledge of mathematical analysis; an adequate level of English proficiency (certificate or other document)
Apply to The Centre for International Education and Certified Testing for a certificate if you do not have it, the Russian language preparatory course is available.
|Tuition fee:||€ 2,400. The cost does not include accommodation and living expenses.|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available: single ensuite room 45 € per month, twin ensuite room 30 € per month.|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer, invitation letter for a Russian study visa and an optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language are provided by the University.|
Professor Ari Laptev (Imperial College London, KTH, Institut Mittag-Leffler) leads the university team to develop academic research and expertise at the laboratory of complex analysis and differential equations. The research project is supported by the Government of the Russian Federation.
|Course||Time spent (in hours)|
|Complex and Functional Analysis||5 (180)|
|Current Problems in Mathematics||5 (180)|
|Algebraic geometry||5 (180)|
|Processing of experimental data||3 (108)|
|Methodology of PhD Thesis Preparation||3 (108)|
|Academic English||3 (108)|
|Basic English||3 (108)|
|Russian (fee will apply)||3 (108)|
Dr. Alexey Shchuplev, Associate Professor, Institute of Mathematics and Computer Science, Siberian Federal University
Phone: +7 391 246-98-86
E-mail: ashchuplev [at] sfu-mail [dot] ru
Please contact our Doctoral and Post-doctoral, Faculty Performance Evaluation Office
e-mail: aspirantura [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 391-28-31
fax: +7 391 291-28-31
address: 79 Svobodny pr., room P6-16, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In 2019 Krasnoyarsk will proudly host the XXIX Winter Universiade.