technological equipment for metallurgical purposes, from an engineering stage to equipment commissioning at non-ferrous smelters of Eastern Siberia and Krasnoyarsk Territory. During the engineering stage, we use mathematical and physical simulation introducing dimensionless variables. The simulation is conducted using unique experimental facilities. Successful experience of Krasnoyarsk engineering companies is used during engineering, manufacturing and commissioning of electrotechnological equipment.
Professor Viktor Timofeev
Professor Timofeev’s research interests are magnetohydrodynamics in metallurgy; electrotechnology; mathematical and physical modeling.
Recently, his studies have focused on using a combination of analytical and numerical mathematical modeling for magnetohydrodynamics.
- Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M., Eremin, M. Transverse Edge Effect in MHD-Stirrers for Liquid Metals. Proceedings of Advanced Engineering Forum, Vol. 17, 2016, pp. 66–76.
- Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M., Aliferov, A. Analytical analysis of electromagnetic processes in the system "MHD stirrer — bath with melt". Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol. 792, 2015, pp. 468–475.
- Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M., Mihailov, D. Impact of MHD on preparing and casting aluminum melt in an electromagnetic field. Applied Mechanics and Materials. Vol. 698, 2015, pp. 181–187.
- Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M., Libzikov, G., Avdulov, A. MHD technology and non-ferrous metallurgy in Siberia. Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Fundamental and Applied MHD, Thermo Acoustic and Space Technologies PAMIR-14, Riga, 2014, pp. 101–105.
- Timofeev, V., Libzikov, G., Khatsayuk, M., Eremin, M., Timofeev, S. Magnitohydrodynamic stirrers for liquid metals under non-sinusoidal conditions. Journal of Siberian Federal University. Engineering and Technology. Vol. 6 (2), 2013, pp. 166–177.
- Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M., Pervukhin M. Magnitohydrodynamic technologies for smelting and casting of alumina alloys. Induction Heating. Vol. 4 (22), 2012, pp. 15–21.
- Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M. Controlling convection for melting in the channel-type induction furnace. Proceedings of the Russian Academy of Sciences. Power Engineering. № 3, 2013, pp. 130–136.
- Baake, E., Barglik, J., Jakovics, A., Khatsayuk, M., Lupi, S., Nikanorov, A., Pavlov, E., Pavlov, S., Pervukhin, M., Timofeyev, S., Timofeyev, V. MHD Technologies in Metallurgy. Study Guide, Saint Petersburg: ETU Press, 2013. In Russian.
- Pervukhin, M., Sergeev, N., Timofeev, V., Khatsayuk, M., Christinich, R. Obtaining an Ingot from Non-Ferrous Alloys. Eurasian Patent Organization, Patent 020788, 30 January 2015.
- Timofeev, V., Lybzikov G., Khatsayuk, M., Eremin M. Induction Facility to Stir Liquid Metals, International Patent 2524463, 27 July 2014.
Funded Research Projects
- Producing non-oxidized welding wire using high strength aluminum-magnesium alloys to introduce aluminum products as substitutes for steel products, 2014–2016.
- Producing high-quality aluminum alloys through the effect of strong magnetic fields, 2010.
- Physical and chemical explanations for the magnetohydrodynamic effect of the melt homogeneity, 2012.
- Effect of the voltage source on the performance of MHD-stirrer, 2012.
- Simulation of physical processes in MHD-facilities, 2017.
(this period can be shorter depending on the availability of a PhD thesis)
Apply to The Centre for International Education and Certified Testing for a certificate if you do not have it, the Russian language preparatory course is available.
|Tuition fee:||€ 2,600. The cost does not include accommodation and living expenses.|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available: single ensuite room 45 € per month, twin ensuite room 30 € per month.|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer, invitation letter for a Russian study visa and an optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language are provided by the University.|
|Course||Time spent (in hours)|
|Theoretical basics of electrotechnologies||2 (72)|
|MHD-technology in metallurgy||2 (72)|
|Mathematical modelling||2 (72)|
|Physical phenomena similarity||2 (72)|
|Processing of experimental data||3 (108)|
|Methodology of PhD Thesis Preparation||3 (108)|
|ICT in scientific research||3 (108)|
|Academic English||3 (108)|
|Basic English||3 (108)|
|Russian (fee will apply)||3 (108)|
Professor Viktor N. Timofeev
Polytechnic Institute, Siberian Federal University
tel.: +7 (391) 292-29-64
Please contact our Doctoral and Post-doctoral, Faculty Performance Evaluation Office
e-mail: aspirantura [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 391-28-31
fax: +7 391 291-28-31
address: 79 Svobodny pr., room P6-16, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia