Doctoral students do research at the Laboratories of Metal Forming under the supervision of Professor Sergey B. Sidelnikov.
Their research focuses on developing new technologies and equipment to produce press-products from non-ferrous metals and alloys using combined processing methods. The scientists from the department received over fifty patents and certificates, they published over a hundred research papers and five books.
Download the booklet (.pdf)
Professor Sergey B. Sidelnikov
Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals and Material Science, Siberian Federal University
Phone: +7 391 206-37-31
E-mail: SSidelnikov [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
Research interests: developing new technologies and equipment to produce press-products from non-ferrous metals and alloys using combined processing methods.
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Research of the process combined rolling-extruding. Technology of light alloys. 1993. № 11. P. 41–44.
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Modeling the combined process of continuous casting and rolling-extruding of non-ferrous metals and alloys. Non-ferrous metallurgy. News of Higher educational nstitutions. № 5. 2004. P. 34-39.
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Modelling and developing processes of integrated aluminum and aluminum alloys processing based on the methods of continuous casting, rolling and extrusion Hutnik. Wiadomosci Hutnicze. Nr 2. 2005. P. 121-123.
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Combined methods of treatments of non-ferrous metals and alloys: a monograph. M.: MAKS Press, 2005. 344 p.
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Development of devices and technologies to obtain wire from hard aluminum alloys using the methods of combined processing. Bulletin of the Magnitogorsk State Technical University named after G.I. Nosov. Magnitogorsk. № 4. P. 30-34.
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Application methods of the combined casting and rolling-extruding to obtain electrotechnical wire rod from aluminum alloys / Innovative technologies in metallurgy and mechanical engineering: Collection of scientific papers. Yekaterinburg: Publ. house of Ural University, 2012. P. 727-729
- Sidelnikov, S.B. and others. Comparative evaluation strength characteristics of deformed semifinished products from alloy Al–Zr system, obtained under different schemes of combined processing. Non-ferrous metals. №1. 2013. P. 86-90.
- Sidelnikov, S.B., Gorokhov, Y.V., Belyaev, S.V. Innovative combined technology during processing of metals. Journal of Siberian Federal University. Engineering & Technologies. 2015. v. 2. № 8. p. 185.
- Biront, V.S., Anikina, V.I., Zagirov, N.N. and others. Structure of heterogeneous chip materials from non-ferrous alloys: monograph. – Novosibirsk: Sibprint, 2011. 130 pp.
- Gorokhov, Y.V., Sherkunov, V.G., Dovzhenko, N.N. and others. Fundamentals of design processes of continuous extrusion of metals: monograph. – Krasnoyarsk: Siberian Federal University, 2013. 224 pp.
- Biront, V.S., Dovzhenko, N.N., Mamonov, S.N. and others. Materials Science. In Metal Science of palladium and its alloys. Krasnoyarsk, 2007. 152 pp.
(this period can be shorter depending on the availability of a PhD thesis)
|Entry requirements:||Master’s degree in Metallurgy (transcript of records), an adequate level of English proficiency (certificate or other document)
Apply to The Centre for International Education and Certified Testing for a certificate if you do not have it, the Russian language preparatory course is available.
|Tuition fee:||€ 2,600. The cost does not include accommodation and living expenses.|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available: single ensuite room 45 € per month, twin ensuite room 30 € per month.|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer, invitation letter for a Russian study visa and an optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language are provided by the University.|
- Developing science intensive technologies to produce precious metals and alloys (supervisor: Professor Nikolai Dovzhenko)
- Producing electro conductive materials with high wear resistance from powders, shavings from non-ferrous metals and alloys (supervisor: Dr Nikolai Zagirov)
- Creating production lines to implement low-waste production technology of continuous extrusion (supervisor: Professor Yuriy Gorokhov)
|Course||Time spent (in hours)|
|Features of flow and change of strength properties of metals during plastic deformation||2 (72)|
|Plastic deformation of metals in combined processes of casting and metal forming||3 (108)|
|Contact friction and deformation conditions without destroying the metal in the process of metal forming||2 (72)|
|Processing of experimental data||3 (108)|
|Methodology of PhD Thesis Preparation||3 (108)|
|Academic English||3 (108)|
|Basic English||3 (108)|
|Russian (fee will apply)||3 (108)|
Prof. Sergey B. Sidelnikov, Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals and Material Science, Siberian Federal University
Phone: +7 391 206-37-31
E-mail: SSidelnikov [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
Please contact our Doctoral and Post-doctoral, Faculty Performance Evaluation Office
phone: +7 391 391-28-31
fax: +7 391 291-28-31
address: 79 Svobodny pr., room P6-16, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The campus of Siberian Federal University is located in a forested area of the city of Krasnoyarsk. Academic buildings and dormitories of the university are surrounded by natural forest lands and easily accessible by the public transport. More information about the University Campus can be found here.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In March 2019 Krasnoyarsk proudly hosted the XXIX Winter Universiade.