Doctoral students do research at the Laboratory of Metallurgy of the Light Metals under the supervision of Professor Petr Polyakov.
Their research focuses on studying high-temperature electrochemical processes and designing new types of environmentally friendly and energy efficient electrolyzers.
Download the booklet (.pdf)
Professor Petr Polyakov
Phone: +7 902 990-24-78
Research interests: high-temperature electrochemical, processes, electrometallurgy of aluminium and electrolyzer design.
- Vinogradov, A.M., Vasyunina, I.P., Mikhalev, Y.G., Polyakov, P.V. An investigation of the effect of the electrolyte composition on the consumption of fired anodes during electrolytic aluminum production. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2008, v. 49, issue 5.
- Isaeva, L.A., Braslavskii, A.B., Polyakov, P.V. Dusting and fluidity of alumina with different physicochemical properties. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2008, V. 49, Issue 6.
- Isaeva, L.A., Braslavskii, A.B., Polyakov, P.V. Effect of the content of the <-phase and granulometric composition on the dissolution rate of alumina in cryolite-alumina melts. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2009, v. 50, issue 6.
- Pogodaev, A.M., Proshkin, A.V., Polyakov, P.V. et al. Processes in refractory materials of the cathode assembly of electrolysis cells for aluminum production. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2010, v. 51, issue 4.
- Arkhipov, A.G., Polyakov, P.V., Arkhipov, G.V. Effect of technological and constructive parameters on the integrity of the bottom of aluminum reduction cells during flame preheating. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2010, v. 51, issue 3.
- Vasyunina, N.V., Vasyunina, I.P., Mikhalev, Yu.G., Polyakov, P.V. Solubility of aluminum in cryolite-alumina electrolytes. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2011, v. 52, issue 4.
- Mikhalev, Yu. G., Proshkin, A. V., Isaeva, L. A., Polyakov, P. V., Filonenko, A. A. Modification of a method for testing SiC blocks. 31st Int. Conf. ICSOBA «Bauxite, Alumina, Aluminium industry in Russia and new global developments» Travaux ICSOBA - Krasnoyarsk, 2013, Vol. 38. No. 42. – P. 1040.
- Polyakov, P.V., Arkhipov, A.G. A modelling based study of technological and design parameters impact on cathode lining integrity during electrical and flame preheat. 11th Australasian Aluminium Smelting Technology Conference, Dubai, UAE, 6-11 December 2014.
- Belousov, O.V, Belousova, N.V., Burlo, A.V. Formation of bimetal powders on reaction of nanocrystal palladium with chlorocomplexes of gold (III) in hydrothermal conditions. Smart Nanocomposites. – 2010. – V. 1. – P. 91-97.
- Belousov, O.V., Belousova, N.V., Sirotina, A.V. et al. Formation of bimetallic Au-Pd and Au-Pt nanoparticles under hydrothermal conditions and microwave irradiation. Langmuir. – 2011. –27. – 11697-11703.
- Belousova, N.V., Arkhipova, E.O., Parfenov, V.A. Oxidation of liquid alloys of the Bi-Pb system. Russ. J. Non-Ferrous Metals, 2011, V. 52, Issue 1. – P. 12-15
- Belousov, O.V., Sirotina, A.V., Belousova, N.V. et al. Formation of nanomaterials based on non-ferrous and noble metals in autoclaves. Proc. 3th Int. Cong. “Non-ferrous metals – 2011” – Krasnoyarsk, 2011. – P. 290-294.
- Selina, E.A., Kalyakin, S.N., Belousov, O.V., Belousova, N.V. Low-temperature alkaline melts for breakdown of mineral objects. Proc. 3th Int. Cong. “Non-ferrous metals – 2011” – Krasnoyarsk, 2011. – P. 301-303.
(this period can be shorter depending on the availability of a PhD thesis)
|Entry requirements:||Master’s degree in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science or Metallurgy (transcript of records), an adequate level of English proficiency (certificate or other document)
Apply to The Centre for International Education and Certified Testing for a certificate if you do not have it, the Russian language preparatory course is available.
|Tuition fee:||€ 2,600. The cost does not include accommodation and living expenses.|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available: single ensuite room 45 € per month, twin ensuite room 30 € per month.|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer, invitation letter for a Russian study visa and an optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language are provided by the University.|
- Autoclave processes with participation of precious metals
- Recycling spent automotive and industrial catalysts
- Extractive metallurgy of non-ferrous metals
|Course||Time spent (in hours)||Semester|
|Theory of Non-Ferrous Extractive Metallurgy||2 (72)||2|
|Processing of experimental data||3 (108)|
|Methodology of PhD Thesis Preparation||3 (108)|
|Academic English||3 (108)|
|Basic English||3 (108)|
|Russian (fee will apply)||3 (108)|
Please contact our Doctoral and Post-doctoral, Faculty Performance Evaluation Office
e-mail: aspirantura [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 391-28-31
fax: +7 391 291-28-31
address: 79 Svobodny pr., room P6-16, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The campus of Siberian Federal University is located in a forested area of the city of Krasnoyarsk. Academic buildings and dormitories of the university are surrounded by natural forest lands and easily accessible by the public transport. More information about the University Campus can be found here.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In March 2019 Krasnoyarsk proudly hosted the XXIX Winter Universiade.