International students can be admitted either via personal contact or under exchange agreements with partner universities. To establish an individual contact:
Step 1: Choose a Program
Please, refer to the section "Education for International Students" (see Bachelor’s Programs, Master’s Programs, PhD's Programs, Russian Language Preparation Programs) and the web pages of a university schools to find out the information about the institute study programmes available for international students, their tuition tuition fees and the cost of accommodation.
Having found a degree programme/course that satisfies you please take Step 2 of this instruction.
If you cannot find necessary information or you need more information about the programme/course of your choice please address your queries to International Students Recruitment Office (ISRO).
Step 2: Submit Application Form
Fill in online application form:
To your application form please attach a copy of THE FIRST PAGE of your international passport in color and of a good quality. The passport should be valid for at least 18 months after the prospective starting date of your studies. It is the responsibility of an applicant to find out if the documents are eligible for processing.
Step 3: Agreement, Payment, Invitation Letter and Visa
After receiving your application form the International Students Recruitment Office will send you the Learning Agreement with terms and conditions. Please, sign it and email its scanned copy back to the International Students Recruitment Office at admission [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru.
On the basis of your signed Learning Agreement the Financial office will bill you for the cost of your tuition (for a semester or a complete academic year depending on a program). After receiving the confirmation of payment the department will apply for an invitation letter for you.
The Invitation Letter which is necessary for you to receive the Russian visa, will be issued by the Krasnoyarsk Visa and Immigration Office within 30-45 days (official processing time). You will receive the notification that the document is ready from the International Cooperation Department, Siberian Federal University. The invitation letter will be sent to you in electronic format by email.
Meanwhile, find out from your nearest Russian Embassy what documents you need to supply with your visa application. It is recommended that you start preparing your documents well in advance as it may be a lengthy process. It is important that you receive your visa at the Embassy indicated in the Application form.
Step 4: Arrival at Krasnoyarsk, Registration
It is mandatory that you register with the International Cooperation Department, Siberian Federal University within 3 days after your arrival in Krasnoyarsk. It is important to remember that we will register you with the Protocol Office only if your Invitation Letter has been issued on behalf of Siberian Federal University. Business visa or any other visas are not suitable for this purpose.
Registering with a university is a normal procedure and we can give you the information about how to do this when you arrive here. In order to help you the Protocol office will ask you to provide:
- International passport
- Migration card (received upon crossing the border of Russia)
- 2 sets of copies for mentioned above documents
- Medical insurance (could be purchased upon arrival)
Transfer to SibFU from another university
- Select the program you would like to transfer and write an e-mail to SibFU International Students Recruitment Office: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepare the scans of the following documents in colour and good quality, then send them to SibFU International Students Recruitment Office:
- a copy of the first page of your international passport;
- declaration addressed to the SibFU rector;
- study plan of your study program;
- transcript of academic records from the study office of your university.
- Wait for a response from SibFU International Students Recruitment Office that the institute has approved your candidacy for transferring.
International Students Recruitment Office (ISRO)
- e-mail: email@example.com
- phone: +7 391 206-27-79
- phone (WhatsApp, Viber): +7 950 971-22-06
- address: 82A Svobodny pr., Office 4-47, 660041 Krasnoyarsk, Russia