Dear international student, welcome to Krasnoyarsk and Siberian Federal University!
Living and studying with Russians is your chance to learn the Russian language and culture and to develop new international friendships and cross-cultural understanding. We hope you will make the most of your experience! If you have questions, please contact the International students and staff support office (OISSS, firstname.lastname@example.org). We are happy to assist you in any way we can.
When you arrive in Krasnoyarsk you have to check in at the Protocol Office the sooner the better. According to the existing legislation an international visitor has to notify the Federal Immigration Office about his/her accommodation within 3 days:660041, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, 79/10 Svobodny prospect (Library building), room B1-03
How to get to SibFU
Depending on the transport you have chosen, you will have to get to the University either from the Yemelyanovo Airport or from the railway station
- Yemelyanovo International Airport is the major airport in the Krasnoyarsk Territory, Russia, located 37 km northwest of Krasnoyarsk. You may get to the city:
- by bus: there are express buses which will transfer you from the airport parking area in front of the central building of the airport to the city. It will take you about 100 RUR 40-50 minutes to get from the airport to the city bus station;
- by taxi: a taxi from the airport costs about 1000-1200 RUR, depending on the time of the day. Please, order a taxi at the information desk of the airport. You can pay by VISA/Mastercard;
- by SibFU transfer bus: in the beginning of every term OISSS arranges a free bus for new students. Contact us to get the information about the schedule: email@example.com.
- The Krasnoyarsk railway station is easy to access as it is located in the city center. Never take a free standing taxi from the railway station as you will most likely be 2-3 times overcharged. It makes more sense to use apps such as Uber
The SibFU may arrange a transfer from the airport or railway station for the students who arrive in groups.
- More about public transport (in russian)
- SibFU campus map (in russian), map on Google
- SibFU campus foto
All international students are accommodated at the University’s on-campus dormitories.
Accommodation issues are coordinated by the School you have been admitted to. SibFU provides comfortable residence halls with rooms for 2 to 5 people, who share bathroom and kitchen spaces. Food should be bought and cooked by yourself or you can also eat at the University’s café. Living at the University’s dormitory allows you to be more independent and to make more friends. However there are certain dormitory rules such as no noisy parties, no smoking, no alcohol or drugs and etc., you will have to follow. These rules are the same for all students’ dormitories.
If you wish to rent an apartment in Krasnoyarsk, please consider rental rates and consecutive expenses. An approximate rental charge for one room apartment is 15000 RUB. What is more, staying in SibFU’s dormitory will help you to escape tons of paperwork for alien registration (another important document obtained after registration at both SibFU dormitory and the Protocol office), whereas not many apartment’s owners will be willing to help with that.
e-mail: oska [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone (WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat) + emergency calls: +7 902 966-13-60
consultation hours: Monday-Friday 9:30 — 16:30
Krasnoyarsk, Russia is GMT/UTC + 7