Dear international student, welcome to Krasnoyarsk and Siberian Federal University! Living and studying with Russians is your chance to learn the Russian language and culture and to help us develop new international friendships and cross-cultural understanding. We hope you will make the most of your experience! If you have questions, please contact the International Department. We are happy to assist you in any way we can.
When you arrive in Krasnoyarsk you have to check in at the International Students Office the sooner the better. According to the existing legislation a foreign visitor has to notify the Federal Immigration Office about his/her accommodation within 3 days:
660041, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, 82 Svobodny prospect, Building “A”, 4th floor, room У-447.
How to get to SibFU
Depending on the transport you have chosen, you will have to get to the University either from the Yemelyanovo Airport or from the railway station.
- Yemelyanovo International Airport is the major airport in the Krasnoyarsk Territory, Russia, located 37 km northwest of Krasnoyarsk. You may get to the city:
- by bus: there are express buses (bus routes № 635 and №501) which will transfer you from the airport parking area in front of the central building of the airport to the city. It will take you about 40-50 minutes to get from the airport to the city bus station (the bus schedule on the airport's website);
- by taxi: a taxi from the airport costs about 800-1000 RUR, depending on the time of the day. NB! Please, order a taxi at the information desk of the airport.
- The Krasnoyarsk railway station is easy to access as it is located in the city centre. Never take a free standing taxi from the railway station as you will most likely be 2-3 times overcharged. It makes more sense to take a taxi at the railway station information desk.
The SibFU may arrange a transfer from the airport or railway station for the students who arrive in groups.
- More about public transport (in russian)
- SibFU campus map (in russian), map on Google
- SibFU campus foto
On campus accommodation
Normally international students are accommodated at the University’s on-campus dormitory. International students are placed in dormitories only if they have application for accommodation in writing and if there are free rooms in the dormitory.
Accommodation issues are coordinated by the International Students Office. Generally there are joint showers and restrooms for several rooms. Food should be bought and cooked by yourself or you can also eat at the University’s café. Living at the University’s dormitory allows you to be more independent and to make more friends. However there are certain dormitory rules such as not coming too late, no noisy parties, no smoking, no alcohol or drugs and etc., you will have to follow. These rules are the same for all students’ dormitories.
Dormitory check-in starts on August.
You can also rent an apartment. In this case, you should inform the International Department staff about the address of the apartment and bring us a copy of the rental agreement. For your convenience below your will find some useful maps.
e-mail: dia [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru, ovkuznetsova [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
tel.: +7 (391) 206-27-81
address: 660041, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, 82 Svobodny prospect, Building “A”, 4th floor, room У-447
office hours: Mon–Fri 8:30 am–12:30 pm & 1.00 pm-5.00 pm.