Specialized English-Taught International Semester Program of Master’s Level.
International Semester Program “Embedded Microprocessor Systems” offered by Siberian Federal University (School of Space and Information Technologies) constitutes a Special English-taught Module of Master in Microprocessor Systems. This Module is aimed at teaching students how to design embedded systems based on modern microprocessors, microcontrollers, and programmable integrated circuits at a high professional level. The formed skills cover the full cycle of intelligent embedded systems development.
The expansion of the scope of intelligent embedded microprocessor systems is one of the main trends in computer technology. Subject matter experts are in demand in the labour market, but their training requires complex technical equipment found within the educational process, as well as the professional and practical experience of the teaching staff. All these conditions are available to the participants of this module.
The module focuses on practical skills in developing embedded industrial purpose systems, generating a "ready solutions" kit for future use in professional activities.
The module includes 4 disciplines and an individual or group project.
Practical classes are held both individually and in groups to simulate teamwork. All lecture material and some laboratory work are available remotely. This approach maximizes the effectiveness of training.
Training is conducted in specially outfitted laboratories with personal workstations equipped with a high-performance PC, control equipment, a set of sensors and actuators, evaluation boards etc.
Students will use such integrated development environments as NI LabView, Atmel AVR Tools, Xilinx Vivado DS, Altera IDE, MathLab.
The practical result of learning is an embedded intelligent digital control system of executive automation, implemented in the framework of the project.
Diploma and Degree: Program Certificate.
Research career: the holder of the Module certificate can continue studying to earn an MSc degree in Information Technology.
Oleg V. Nepomnyashcy
Professor of Computer Science Dept., Head of Laboratory in Microprocessor Systems, School of Space and Information Technologies, Siberian Federal University.
Author and co-author of over 170 scientific publications, teaching aids and patents.
Leader and member of 14 federal-level scientific projects regarding the development of instrumentation and hardware components for the needs of industry, healthcare, aerospace and consumer industry.
Area of expertise:
- High-level VLSI synthesis,
- microprocessor and embedded systems,
- instrumentation and automation,
- CAD of industrial systems,
- development of "system-on-chip."
Additional information is available at: ikit.sfu-kras.ru.
Natalia J. Sirotinina
Ph.D. in Engineering, Associate Professor of Computer Science Dept., Head of Laboratory in Software Development Technologies, School of Space and Information Technologies, Siberian Federal University.
Area of expertise
- Architectures of parallel high-performance computing systems;
- Parallel programming.
Additional information is available at: ikit.sfu-kras.ru
PhD, Assistant, Computer Science Dept., School of Space and Information Technologies, Siberian Federal University.
|Duration||1 semester, 18 weeks (30 ECTS)|
|Starting date||September, 1|
|Tuition fee (per semester)||100,000 rubles|
|Accommodation||On-campus accommodation is available in double and triple-occupancy rooms (€ 20 per month).|
|Practicalities||Invitation letter for a student visa in Russia and airport transfer are provided by the University|
|Introduction to Embedded Systems||3|
|The Final Research Project||9|
- Introduction to Embedded Systems. The introductory course provides students with basic knowledge and practical skills for designing embedded systems.
- FPGA/PLD-based Embedded Systems. This course is aimed at studying modern Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA), Programmable Logic Devices (PLD), and Application-Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC) architectures, methods and CAD tools for their design, and learning embedded system development skills.
- Microprocessor Systems. This course familiarizes students with modern microprocessor and microcontroller architectures. The practical part of the course focuses on acquiring skills in developing control systems based on microprocessors and microcontrollers.
- System-on-a-Chip. This course focuses on the study of system-on-a-chip (SoC) high-level design, verification and testing, acquisition of skills in SoC design and SoC-based embedded systems hardware, and software development.
- The Final Research Project. This project provides an opportunity to put the entire complex of acquired knowledge and skills into practice in solving real engineering and scientific problems. This project results in an embedded digital intelligent system of executive automation monitoring and control.
Please contact our Department of International Educational Programs, SibFU
e-mail: study [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 206-39-28
fax: +7 391 206-21-66
address: 82/6 Svobodny pr., room 427, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In 2019 Krasnoyarsk will proudly host the XXIX Winter Universiade.