Specialized English-Taught International Semester Program of Master’s Level.
The Semester Program covers the main issues associated with modeling of processes of oil refining and petrochemistry.
The aim is to form students' basic knowledge of modern methods of functional, simulated and mathematical modeling of industrial processes and petroleum refining and petrochemicals systems.
- to create an objective notion of features of petrochemical processes, industrial catalysis, and lean manufacturing;
- to provide students with the basics of the petrochemical processes modeling;
- to give students methods of construction of models of different types and their implementation in computer technology using modern software applications.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- use innovative solving approaches in the field of modeling of chemical-technological processes;
- model different chemical reactors, heat exchangers and other equipment of the petrochemical industry;
- construct different mathematical models of petrochemical processes and analyse petrochemical feedstock;
- calculate the material balance of the reactors and other equipment.
The course includes lectures, home assignments, and a final exam. Independent learning implies studying informational resources recommended by a teacher and performing individual assignments.
Students who successfully passed the module may continue their education in Master’s Program ‘Petroleum Chemistry and Refining’, and further continue studying to earn a PhD SibFU Degree.
This Semester Module of Master’s Level is designed for current and future employees of oil and gas companies. The program provides students with means of promotion.
- PhD in Chemistry, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Technology of Natural Energy Resources and Carbon Materials
- Acting director of School of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, Siberian Federal University
- Director of Scientific and Educational Center ‘SibFU Corporate Oil and Gas Center’, Siberian Federal University
- Engineer, Sector Development Projects of JSC ‘Achinsk Refinery’
Tel: +7 391 254-54-43
E-mail: Fburyukin [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
Buryukin F. is the author of more than 100 scientific papers. He participated in various international conferences in Spain, China, France, Switzerland, Malaysia, Canada, and Singapore. CV in russian
Research interests: technologies of petroleum processing and etc.
- 2011 — Internship Nanyang Technological university (Malaysia) “Introduction to Micro and Nanotechnologies”
- 2013 — Internship Vinci Technologies (France) “Pilot plant”
- 2013 — New methods in the analysis of petroleum and petroleum products, (Switzerland)
Laureate of the corporate grants JSC NK ‘Rosneft’, JSC ‘Achinsk Refinery’, JSC ‘Vankorneft’ for achievements in science and education.
2013 Diploma of the Administration of the Oktyabrsky borough of Krasnoyarsk for many years of conscientious work and high professionalism.
2012 The letter of thanks of the Ministry of Investment and Innovation of the Krasnoyarsk Territory for his great personal contribution to the development of nanotechnology.
|Duration:||1 semester (30 ECTS)|
|Starting date (each year):||September, 1|
|Application deadline:||July, 29|
|Tuition fee (per semester):||The price will be announced soon|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available in double and triple-occupancy rooms (€ 20 per month).|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer and invitation letter for a Russian study visa are provided by the University|
|Semester Program ‘Modeling of Oil Refining Processes’||Total|
|‘Mathematical Modeling’||‘Feedstock evaluation and composition'||‘Petrochemical production processes’||Elective course 1||Elective course 2||Elective course 3||30 ECTS credits|
|5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS|
|Course Title||ECTS credits|
|Mathematical modeling (.pdf)||5|
|Feedstock evaluation and composition (.pdf)||5|
|Petrochemicals production processes||5|
|Ensuring quality and reliability of technological equipment||5|
|Chemical process modeling||5|
|Project management (.pdf)||5|
|Language training (Russian)||5|
The processes associated with chemical technology are very complex. Foremost, these are chemical transformations in devices of various designs.
Modern level of computer technology development expands the possibilities of simulation systems used in chemical reactions research underlying industrial processes.
Upon completion of the module, students will know modern methods of modeling of chemical and technological processes, and will be able to implement mathematical models of processes in applied software (e.g. AspenTech, Honeywell, InvensysSystems).
This International Semester Program “Technologies of Hydrocarbons Processing” is offered by School of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering at Siberian Federal University (SibFU). School is positioned as the modern scientific and educational complex on preparation of highly qualified specialists of all levels for oil and gas branch of Krasnoyarsk Region, Eastern Siberia, the Far East and the Pacific Rim countries.
Please contact our Department of International Educational Programs, SibFU
e-mail: study [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 206-39-28
fax: +7 391 206-21-66
address: 82/6 Svobodny pr., room 427, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In 2019 Krasnoyarsk will proudly host the XXIX Winter Universiade.