Russian Language: The Department of Russian as a foreign language
International students and staff can join a special language program at the Department of Russian as a foreign language. At the end of the course all the participants get a certificate confirming their taking a course of the Russian as a foreign language.
You are welcome to take part in the following RFL programs:
- Summer school (Russian as a foreign language) (August, 2016)
- Study-abroad semester (Russian as a foreign language) (September — December)
Department Head: Dr Tatiana Verenich
Tel: +7 391 206-27-36
E-mail: tverenich [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
Russian Language: The Centre for International Education and Certified Testing
The Centre’s teachers are experienced professionals with records of advanced training in Russia and abroad. The Centre offers Russian courses to SibFU’s students, faculty and a wider community in the city:
- Teaching Russian as a foreign language (preparing foreign students to study at the RF universities).
- The course is taught in Russian. International students have access to the Centre’s library, collection of audio and video records and Centre’s computers.
- International students are expected to take an exam to test their knowledge of Russian at the beginning and at the end of their studies (test costs 2200 roubles).
- Successful completion of the programme results in obtaining a programme certificate.
- You can submit your documents to get a multiple visa (1600 roubles), an invitation (800 roubles), and medical insurance (150 dollars per year).
- Test of Russian as a Foreign Language:
- elementary and Intermediate through Advanced levels,
- testing to become a citizen of the RF,
- testing the Russian language, Russian history and the basics of Russian law (to apply for temporary resident permit, permanent residency, work permit, patent).
Preparatory courses are available.
A Russian language certificate at level I (preferably not lower than level II) is a requirement to apply for a study programme at SibFU. Some educational programmes are taught in English and they may be an exception.
Tel: +7 391 206-27-82
Address: Room 442У, 441А, 82A Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk
SibFU Spanish Centre at the School of Philology and Language Communication is supported by ‘Santander’ bank. The centre promotes Spanish culture and and the Spanish language. Spanish courses at the Spanish Centre are taught at three levels:
- Basic (А1, А1+, А2);
- Intermediary (А2+, В1);
- Advanced (В1+, В2).
SibFU Spanish Centre teaches Italian for beginners.
SibFU International Department teaches Korean and disseminates the information on Korean projects and fellowships. It also arranges translating, interpreting and tours in Korean.
Tel: +7 983 166-95-02
Address: Room 52-02, 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk.
SibFU German Centre was initiated by Goethe’s German Cultural Centre in Moscow. It teaches German and arranges testing for levels A1, A2, B1, B2, C1, C2.
Tel: +7 391 206-23-35, +7 962 070-01-03
Address: Room 2-11, 6 Mayerchak, Krasnoyarsk
Website: www.krasde.ru (in Russian)
SibFU’s Japanese Centre prepares students to take the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, it also develops their oral and written communication in Japanese. The Japanese Centre organizes language games, linguistic immersions and meetings with native speakers.
Tel: +7 391 206-21-04
Address: Room 52-03, 79 Svobodny, Krasnoyarsk.
Website: structure.sfu-kras.ru/japan-center (in Russian)
English is taught at different levels and for various fields by several departments at SibFU.
- Linguistic Centre at the School of Philology and Language Communication (Basic, Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced, Presenting in English, English for Travel), tel +7 391 206-27-36
- Language Courses at the School of Philology and Language Communication, SibFU (study programme «Translator for Professional Communication», tel +7 391 206-27-11
- SibFU’s language centre UNICO TEMPUS (Academic English, Business English, English for Volunteers, English for Sports Events, preparing for IELTS), tel +7 391 221-03-33, +7 960 756-35-03
- Centre for Programmes in Information Technologies at the School of Space and Information Technologies, SibFU (Basic, Oral Communication, Study Programme «Translator for Professional Communication»), tel +7 391 291-22-94, +7 391 291-29-26
- Centre for Business Education at the School of Business Management and Economics, SibFU (Basic, Business English), tel +7 391 291-27-88, +7 391 209-69-00
- Centre for Professional Education at the School of Economics and Commerce, SibFU tel +7 391 206-24-62