A postdoctoral position (1+2 year) is available at the SibFU School of Ecology and Geography focusing on analysis of the ecological and socio-economic aspects of ecosystem. We seek a candidate with international experience to continue professional career at the School and contribute to its academic excellence and student success.
Description of the position
Postdoctoral tasks include research activities aimed at analyzing the ecological and socio-economic aspects of ecosystem functioning in the continuum between the urban, suburban and agricultural landscapes of the agglomerations of the Krasnoyarsk Territory, with a special focus on biodiversity and ecosystem services. Among the methodological tools and issues involved will be modeling and visualization of scenarios for the development of suburban areas, tools for civil science and joint monitoring by means of the ecosystem services concept for effective urban planning and management of urban and suburban forests and other green zones.
The postdoctoral duties also include supervision of Master's theses, mentoring of students, teaching of courses as part of the Master's programs "Sustainable Development and Environmental Security" and "Environmental Monitoring" in English, as well as tutorship at the international summer schools devoted to Environmental Sciences.
Postdoc fellow positions requirements
- Ph.D. degree diploma in ecological, biological or geographical sciences with a thesis devoted to multidisciplinary aspects of investigation of biological diversity or wood ecosystems;
- Publications devoted to Biodiversity conservation, urban and landscape planning in high-rated scientific journals (indexed in Web of Science or Scopus);
- Presentation skills in English (oral and written);
- Previous experience in grant research activities;
- Teaching experience with knowledge of modern educational tools and techniques;
- Previous experience in developing teaching materials;
- Good project management skills.
SalaryThe salary of the appointed researcher will be 80 000 RUR per month.
What we offer:
- Access to the well-equipped lab;
- A functioning bilingual working environment;
- Comfortable housing in the residence hall at the SibFU campus;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for relocation (one-way flight tickets).
Application ProcedureThe following documents must be attached to the application:
- The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Academic curriculum vitae in English;
- Passport copy;
- Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
- Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoc Fellowship program (The template);
- Motivation letter;
- The list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- A brief description of research merits and action plan in English (The template);
- Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate;
- Consent to personal data processing (The template).
Please contact Nina Pakharkova, Associate professor, Department of Ecology and Environmental Studies Siberian Federal University, Phone +73912062134, e-mail: iborisova [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru and Anastasia Garmash, Manager of International Recruitment Office, tel.: +7 (391) 206-25-13, e-mail: agarmash [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru for further information.