A postdoctoral position (1+2 year) is available at the SibFU School of Petroleum and Gas Engineering focusing on exploration of catalytic processes in petroleum chemistry aimed at developing cross-cutting control technology while receiving advanced motor fuel. The successful candidate is expected to contribute actively in development of new research as well as to join on-going research activities in oil and gas engineering.
The teaching activities include teaching courses and supervising student projects in M.Sc in Petroleum Chemistry and Refining (project «Specialized Engineering Education in the SibFU»). Furthermore, there will be involvement in organising and teaching research and methodology seminars for PhD students and other young scientists.
Postdoc fellow positions requirements
- to qualify for the postdoc position, the applicant must have a doctoral degree in a relevant subject area of the particular position and its division;
- at least 10 publications for 3 last years in high-rated scientific journals (indexed in Web of Science or Scopus);
- verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of French and Spanish is an advantage;
- a track record of collaborating with different international research organizations and companies.
SalaryThe salary of the appointed researcher will be 65 000 RUR. per month. In addition to the basic salary, a supplementary incentives will be given for personal achievement and performance in research projects.
What we offer:
- Unique tools for analyzing catalysers of oil refining, petroleum chemistry and oil materials;
- Access to the petrophysical lab;
- Additional bonus for performance efficiency in research grant projects;
- Splendid opportunity to receive annual corporate grants allocated by partnership-enterprises;
- Internships in the leading Oil & Gas companies;
- Comfortable housing in the residence hall at the SibFU campus;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for relocation (one-way flight tickets).
Application ProcedureThe following documents must be attached to the application:
- Academic curriculum vitae in English;
- Passport copy;
- Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
- Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoc Fellowship program (The template);
- Motivation letter;
- The list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- A brief description of research merits and action plan in English (The template);
- Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate;
- Consent to personal data processing (The template).
Please contact Fedor Buryukin, Director of SibFU School of Petroleum and Gas Engineering, phone: + 7 (391) 206-28-61, e-mail: Fburyukin [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru and Anastasia Garmash, Manager of International Recruitment Office, tel.: +7 (391) 206-25-13, e-mail: agarmash [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru for further information.