Open postdoctoral position in the laboratory managed by the leading scientist Prof. Petr Polyakov at the SibFU School of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science.
Research in the laboratory is focused on metallurgy of aluminum. A specific focus of the postdoctoral project will be on modeling and computer – based learning sufficient to the electrolysis process of aluminum smelting as well as artificial intelligence, computational technologies, data collection and processing, database management.
Tasks will also include supervision of graduate and doctoral students. Teaching of courses in Metallurgy, project work and training at undergraduate, advanced and research levels are necessary areas of responsibilities.
Posdoc fellow positions requirements
- A PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant field;
- A track record of collaborating with different international research organizations and companies;
- Interest in presentation of scientific information in writing and visual presentations;
- Reliability, ability to handle stress, flexibility, cooperation and communicational skills;
- Good command of Russian is a plus.
SalaryThe salary of the appointed researcher will be 80 000 RUR per month.
What we offer:
- Excellent support for research and facilities for professional and personal development;
- Flexible working hours;
- A variety of cultural, sporting, educational and social opportunities;
- Comfortable housing in the residence hall at the SibFU campus;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for relocation (one-way flight tickets).
- The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Academic curriculum vitae in English;
- Passport copy;
- Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
- Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoc Fellowship program (The Template);
- Motivation letter;
- The list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- A brief description of research merits and action plan in English (The Template);
- Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate;
- Consent to personal data processing (The Template).
Please contact Vladimir Baranov, Director of School of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science, phone: +7 (391) 206-36-98,e-mail: vbaranov [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru and Anastasia Garmash, Manager of International Recruitment Office, tel.: +7 (391) 206-25-13, e-mail: agarmash [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru for further information.