Institute of Nanotechnology, Spectroscopy and Quantum Chemistry (INSpeQ) at Siberian Federal University — SibFU (Krasnoyarsk, Russia) invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellow positions in the fields of theoretical nonlinear optics, x-ray spectroscopy, nanoplasmonics, and quantum chemistry.
The successful candidate will occupy the position equivalent to assistant or associated professor in the USA at Siberian Federal University, depending on his/her qualification.
The research time: at least 80%, teaching: not more than 20%.
The length of the position is one year with an option for extension for two additional years. Starting date of the position is September 01, 2017 or as soon as possible after.
Duties and responsibilitiesThe applicant will be involved in theoretical and/or experimental research in one or few topics shown below:
- Nonlinear Optics and Spectroscopy (laser pulse propagation through nonlinear media, multi-photon processes, 2D optical Fourier-spectroscopy, photon echo spectroscopy, photon crystals, coherent population trapping, laser trapping and cooling, lasing, etc);
- Chemical Physics in Biology (artificial photosynthesis, light harvesting, molecular aggregates, exciton theory, charge and energy transfer, etc);
- Nanoplasmonics (biosensors, biovisualization, nanowaveguides, solar energy converters etc);
- X-ray Spectroscopy (resonant x-ray spectroscopy related to XFEL and synchrotron radiation, etc) in collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden;
- Applications of nonlinear optics and spectroscopy (OLED, medical optics, etc);
- Quantum Chemistry (in application to the above problems) in collaboration with Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden;
- Any interesting topic the candidate may propose related to the topics discussed above.
The candidate is to write research proposal (2-5 pages) in one of these topics and would have possibility to do mostly independent research in the Lab accordingly to the project. The proposal should contain the aims of research, short description of the problems that would be solved within the project, actuality and the methods of investigations, expected results, the resources needed for successful finishing of the project.
The applicant will be also involved in teaching of PhD students and reading the lecture course (12-18 lectures per year). The successful candidate needs to send at least one application per year to the Research Funds to acquire his/her own research budget which is partly could be spent to his/her own salary (in addition to the standard salary shown below).
SalaryThe salary of the appointed researcher will be 100 000 RUR per month. The possibility to increase the salary by the research grants that applicant may win further, no any upper limit in salary rising by the research funds are here.
Desired skills and experience
The Postdoctoral Research Fellow is expected to be not older than 35 years and have a Ph.D. degree in a related field. The successful candidate must have good programming skills (C++, Fortran, Matlab). Research experience in project generation and applying for external funding is highly appreciated. Special emphasis is placed on collaborative skills working in research projects with international partners. Fluency in English is the minimum language requirement.
- Comfortable housing near the working place (the rent is about US $30-50 per month for 1-2 rooms apartment);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for relocation (one-way flight tickets);
- Additional resources such as "conference money', travel money and resources needed for buying the equipment;
- Optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language;
- Administrative support for getting Russian VISA and further socialization in Krasnoyarsk.
Application ProcedureThe following documents must be attached to the application:
- Academic curriculum vitae in English;
- Passport copy;
- Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
- Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoc Fellowship program (The template);
- Motivation letter;
- The list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- A brief description of research merits and action plan in English (The template);
- Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate;
- Consent to personal data processing (The template).
For more information about the position, please contact Dr. Sergey Polyutov, Director of the SibFU Institute of Nanotechnology, Spectroscopy and Quantum Chemistry at e-mail: spolyutov [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru and Anastasia Garmash, Manager of International Recruitment Office, tel.: +7 (391) 206-25-13, e-mail: agarmash [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru for further information.