A postdoctoral position (1+2 year) is available at the SibFU Laboratory of Forest Genomics focusing on studying genomes of Siberian conifer species and their major phytopathogens.
- Teaching: lecturing in a Master's program "Genomics and Bioinformatics";
- Research: work on the main project of the laboratory «Genomics of the key boreal forest conifer species and their major phytopathogens in the Russian Federation» supervised by Prof. K.V. Krutovsky;
- Coaching and/or mentoring: Bachelor and Master Degree students.
Posdoc fellow positions requirements
- To qualify for the postdoc position, the applicant must have a doctoral degree in Biology, Mathematics, Informatics or Physics;
- Experience in NGS data processing methods: genome and trasnscriptome assembly and annotation, RNA-seq, phylogenetic analysis, candidates with other skills in the field of bioinformatics are also considered;
- Fluent English, at least B2 (ALTE);
- At least 3 WoS / Scopus publications for the last 3 years (2014-2016).
SalaryThe salary of the appointed researcher will be 120 000 RUR per month.
What we offer:
- The results obtained in our laboratory are unique, only a few laboratories in the world conduct research on the complete genomes of conifers, thus, there is a good opportunity to get original results and publish them in high-quality journals;
- There are two sequencing machines — Illumina HiSeq 2000 and MiSeq in our Laboratory, equipment for manipulating with nucleic acids, a cluster for high-performance computing, a server for processing genomic data with 3 TB of RAM;
- The master's program on Genomics and Bioinformatics was established in 2016 at the related department of the SibFU, where you can practice teaching and giving lectures;
- Comfortable housing in the residence hall at the SibFU campus;
- Reimbursement of travel expenses for relocation (one-way flight tickets).
Application ProcedureThe following documents must be attached to the application:
- Academic curriculum vitae in English;
- Passport copy;
- Copies of the academic degree and academic title;
- Statement of Intent to participate in the Postdoc Fellowship program (The Template);
- Motivation letter;
- The list of publications in international peer-reviewed journals;
- A brief description of research merits and action plan in English (The Template);
- Contact information of two persons whom may be asked to give a statement of the candidate;
- Consent to personal data processing (The Template).
Please, contact Natalia Oreshkova, Research Associate at the Laboratory of the SibFU Center for Genomic Research, tel .: +7 (391) 249-46-25, e-mail: oreshkova [at] ksc.krasn [dot] ru and Anastasia Garmash, Manager of International Recruitment Office, tel.: +7 (391) 206-25-13, e-mail: agarmash [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru for further information.