Director: Vladimir N. Baranov
Web-site: icmim.sfu-kras.ru (in russian)
Address: 95 Gazety Krasnoyarsky Rabochy pr., 660025 Krasnoyarsk, Russia
E-mail: VBaranov [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
School of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science is not an ordinary institution of scientific and metallurgic education.
Modern metallurgy is a high-tech industry demanding unconventional and creative scientific approach to obtain purified metals, alloys and products. All this can be realized by young well-qualified professionals, who are successfully trained at our School thanks to integration of educational and real practice, ensured by a huge intellectual potential and cutting-edge equipment in training and research laboratories.
School of Non-Ferrous Metals and Materials Science was founded as a SibFU subdivision in 2008. Our School trains bachelors, engineers and masters having a set of competencies for metal production support.
After graduation from our School, students can work as:
- A production engineer of crystal production — a specialist in photolithography, solution chemistry, electron and radial sputter deposition, ion implantation, plasma-chemical milling and sputtering.
- A Glazer — a specialist in development and manufacturing of products of glass-composite and functional materials.
- A Designer designs structures (covering, frames, parts) made of composite materials and having the defined characteristics: weight, durability, strength etc.
- A recycling engineer — introduces and develops technologies of multiple use materials, and also designs technologies for waste-free production.
- A system engineer exchanges the materials in conventional solutions for composite ones at material selection stage in construction, medicine, mechanical engineering and robotics.
- An expert in crystallography with deep knowledge of clinical and diagnostic aspects of crystal use in medicine (diagnostic of tumors, design of medical tools, substitution of bone tissue).
- A production engineer for aerial vehicles recycling designs programs for recycling of raw materials, materials, equipment and frame parts of aerial vehicles.
- A designer of supramolecular chemistry assemblies is a specialist on template-directed synthesis and formation of high-ordered supramolecular assemblies with preset structure and properties from molecular: building blocks”.