The Master’s Dual Degree program "German and Russian law / Deutsches und Russisches Recht» is a unique educational program in Russia. It started in 2014 as a result of many years of cooperation with the University of Passau (Germany).
Siberian Federal University (SibFU) gives an opportunity to study at both Siberian Federal University’s Law School (Law School of SibFU) and the University of Passau (Germany).
The program is aimed at further scientific researches and the study of German and Russian law.
Both law students and students of other institutes can take part in the program.
Duration of the program — 4 terms:
- German students (first 2 semesters) — at Law School, SibFU;
- Russian students (first 2 semesters) — at the University of Passau;
- Practice (10 weeks in Russia and / or Germany).
- Russian language (for German students in Law Institute, SibFU);
- German (for Russian students at the University of Passau).
German students will benefit from:
- acquiring knowledge of the basic branches of Russian law, namely civil law, business law, tax law, financial law as well as knowledge of the Russian legal system;
- improving their knowledge of Russian language.
Admission to the program
The students must meet the following admissibility criteria in accordance with the Rules of admission to SibFU magistracy:
- The student must have an international certificate of a foreign language command:
- Russian language — level C1 (for German students)
- German language — level C1 (for Russian students)
- The student must submit a resume and a cover letter stating his interest to take part in the Master's dual degree program.
Throughout the program the Universities provide up-to-date teaching methods and educational technologies such as interactive lectures, role-playing scenarios, video conferences, presentations etc.
The Master's program is carried out by highly qualified specialists of the University of Passau and SFU who have degrees of Doctor of Sciences or PhDs, associate professors or professors. The staff is highly experienced in scientific, pedagogical and practical work in Russia, Germany and other countries.
Advantages of the Master’s Dual Degree program
Graduates obtain two degrees in the sphere of Law — Diploma of Siberian Federal University and diploma of the University of Passau (Germany).
Graduates of the program can apply for work in law firms, consulting companies and commercial firms focused on Russian-German relations as well as in international organizations.
Acquisition of professional and social qualities of students is aided by:
- Legal Clinic of Law Institute, SFU
- International Social-Psychological project of rehabilitation of juvenile offenders "Step Forward"
- Summer Law School "Legal profession"
- Experimental platform "Juvenile Service"
- International Summer School of Law (held in English and German)
- Volunteer Center of Students’ Social Initiatives Support
Anna F. Vasilyeva
PhD in Law, Associate Professor of Constitutional, Administrative and Municipal law chair, Deputy Director of Law institute in science
Prof. Dr. Hans-Georg Dederer
Program leader at Passau University
E-mail: Hans-Georg [dot] Dederer [at] uni-passau [dot] de
|Starting date:||October, 1|
|Language:||Russian and German|
|Tuition fee (per year):||The price will be announced soon.|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available in double and triple-occupancy rooms (€ 20 per month).|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer, invitation letter for a Russian study visa and an optional survival course of Russian as a foreign language are provided by the University.|
- Philosophy of Law
- Legal linguistics
- History of political and legal doctrines
- Comparative Law
- History and Methodology of legal science
- Actual problems of law (German-Russian joint colloquium)
- Actual problems of civil law
- Actual problems of the civil law process
- Foundations of foreign law (select 4 of 10 subject):
- Foundations of Civil Law I
- Foundations of Criminal Law I
- Foundations of Constitutional Law I
- International Law II
- Tax Law II
- Administrative Law II
- Civil Procedure III
- Criminal Procedure III
- Environmental Law IV
- Employment Law IV
- Research Seminar
- Research colloquium
- Master's thesis.
Please contact our Department of International Educational Programs, SibFU
e-mail: study [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 206-39-28
fax: +7 391 206-21-66
address: 82/6 Svobodny pr., room 427, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In 2019 Krasnoyarsk will proudly host the XXIX Winter Universiade.