Specialized English-taught International Semester Program of Master’s level.
The aim is to provide students with knowledge of modern means of crude oil refining.
- to provide students with development prospects of technologies of first crude oil processing, secondary processing and polymers production;
- to give an overview of modern oil refining technologies;
- to develop innovative approaches in solving extraordinary tasks of integration of the latest scientific achievements into oil refining industry.
By the end of the program, students will be able to:
- use acquired knowledge in solving real tasks in hydrocarbon processing industry;
- construct and describe different technological schemes of petroleum refining processes and also calculate the material balance of technological units;
- select the necessary equipment for deep processing plants, determine the quality and reliability of technological machines;
- evaluate modern conditions of oil and gas industry.
The course includes lectures, home assignments and a final exams. Independent learning implies studying informational resources recommended by a teacher and performing individual tasks.
Students who successfully passed the module may continue their education in Master’s Program ‘Petroleum Chemistry and Refining’, and further continue studying to earn a PhD SibFU Degree.
This Semester Module of Master’s Level is designed for current and future employees of oil and gas companies. The program provides students with means of promotion.
Currently, the worlds’ main sources of energy are hydrocarbons. Processing of hydrocarbons allows synthesis of a wide range of different valuable products such as motor fuels, liquefied gases and petrochemical products.
There is a tendency of gradual depletion of traditional light oil. During the module, the problems of production of clean fuels and accordance with clean fuel regulations are considered. The module is especially focused on processing heavy oils and oil residues.
This International Semester Program “Technologies of Hydrocarbons Processing” is offered by School of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering at Siberian Federal University (SibFU). School is positioned as the modern scientific and educational complex on preparation of highly qualified specialists of all levels for oil and gas branch of Krasnoyarsk Region, Eastern Siberia, the Far East and the Pacific Rim countries.
- PhD in Chemistry, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Technology of Natural Energy Resources and Carbon Materials
- Acting director of School of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering, Siberian Federal University
- Director of Scientific and Educational Center ‘SibFU Corporate Oil and Gas Center’, Siberian Federal University
- Engineer, Sector Development Projects of JSC ‘Achinsk Refinery’
Tel: +7 391 254-54-43
E-mail: Fburyukin [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
Buryukin F. is the author of more than 100 scientific papers. He participated in various international conferences in Spain, China, France, Switzerland, Malaysia, Canada, and Singapore. CV in russian
Research interests: technologies of petroleum processing and etc.
- 2011 — Internship Nanyang Technological university (Malaysia) “Introduction to Micro and Nanotechnologies”
- 2013 — Internship Vinci Technologies (France) “Pilot plant”
- 2013 — New methods in the analysis of petroleum and petroleum products, (Switzerland)
Laureate of the corporate grants JSC NK ‘Rosneft’, JSC ‘Achinsk Refinery’, JSC ‘Vankorneft’ for achievements in science and education.
2013 Diploma of the Administration of the Oktyabrsky borough of Krasnoyarsk for many years of conscientious work and high professionalism.
2012 The letter of thanks of the Ministry of Investment and Innovation of the Krasnoyarsk Territory for his great personal contribution to the development of nanotechnology.
|Duration:||1 semester (30 ECTS)|
|Starting date (each year):||February, 1|
|Application deadline:||December, 1|
|Tuition fee (per year):||103,000 rubles. The cost does not include accommodation and living expenses.|
|Accommodation:||On-campus accommodation is available in double and triple-occupancy rooms (€ 20 per month).|
|Practicalities:||Airport transfer and invitation letter for a Russian study visa are provided by the University|
|Semester Program ‘Technologies of hydrocarbons processing’||Total|
|‘Deep oil refining processes’||‘Ensuring quality and reliability of technological equipment’||‘Technology of processing heavy oils, bitumen and residue’||Elective course 1||Elective course 2||Elective course 3||30 ECTS credits|
|5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS||5 ECTS|
|Course Title||ECTS credits|
|Deep oil refining processes||5|
|Ensuring quality and reliability of technological equipment||5|
|Technology of processing heavy oils, bitumen and residue||5|
|Feedstock evaluation and composition||5|
|Recycling of resources||5|
|Natural gas processing||5|
Please contact our Department of International Educational Programs, SibFU
e-mail: study [at] sfu-kras [dot] ru
phone: +7 391 206-39-28
fax: +7 391 206-21-66
address: 79 Svobodny pr., room Б1-19, Krasnoyarsk, 660041 Russia
Ask a question
Today Siberian Federal University (SibFU) with over 35,000 students enrolled in its programmes is one of the most actively developing universities in Russia. Annually more than 200 visiting professors – leading scientists from UK, Germany, Spain and USA – deliver their lectures at SibFU.
The University is a winner of the Russian Government grants supporting research projects under the guidance of top-level scholars from Russia and all over the world.
The City of Krasnoyarsk
Krasnoyarsk is the administrative capital of Krasnoyarsky kray – second largest region of Russia. It is a big industrial and educational centre with a population of more than 1 million people, and also an important junction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
The city is located on the banks of the Yenisey River in the valley formed by the Eastern Sayan Mountains. Nature reserve Stolby ("pillars") has become the city’s visiting card.
Among the famous people born in Krasnoyarsk are artist Vasily Surikov, opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky, biathlete Evgeny Ustyugov, skeletonist Alexander Tretyakov and ice-hockey player Alexander Semin.
In 2019 Krasnoyarsk will proudly host the XXIX Winter Universiade.